Maxi Combi 80e constantly firing and shutting off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I have a rather annoying issue with my boiler at the moment and now its really cold outside the rooms are not reaching the temperature on the room stat.

The boiler will fire up and run until the leds on the panel reach 80ºC, the boiler will then shut off and start to cool down dropping back down the less on the panel until it gets to 40º - 50º Led then the boiler will fire up again and do the same process.

Recently the boiler has had new sensors on both the central heating and hot water sides as these were throwing a fault led previously. Boiler has also had a new diverter valve as the previous one had corroded and started to leak and a new grundfos pump has also been installed.

Has anyone come across this fault before, me and my plumber are running out of ideas at the moment.

Many thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
This seems to be a simple lack of flow.

I have a pretty good idea of what is wrong but it is your plumber who is being paid to fix it and not me!

Don't know why you think that your ideas are relevant. He is the professional and he should know how to fix it!

Maybe others here will tell you what it is likely to be.

Tony

This seems to be a simple lack of flow.

I have a pretty good idea of what is wrong but it is your plumber who is being paid to fix it and not me!

Don't know why you think that your ideas are relevant. He is the professional and he should know how to fix it!

Maybe others here will tell you what it is likely to be.

Tony

Oh Tony don't do that to me.

Is it likely to be sludge is the system, he has put a cleaner into the system but its it more or a rads off the wall and hose out properly to clear them out.

Cheers

Nick

I am suffering from being rather stitched up over a repair for another engineer and so not feeling fully in my usual helpful mode.

Particularly when I see your plumber getting paid without being able to solve the problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Fair enough Tony.

He's not being paid as he is planning an extension on his house so its services for services (except parts) at the moment.

Thanks for your input though Tony.

Nick

Still waiting for someone from the forum to build my extension.

Had planning permission for last two years but still waiting!

Best make a start mate, planning permission only lasts for 3 years.

Unfortunately you've already gained the service I could have provided to you unless you don't have Building Regulations Approval.

Still need regs approval but understand that may somehow be dealt with simply by the independent inspector I hope to use.

approved inspectors seem to be becoming more and more popular these days, so much quicker and better to deal with than the local authority.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back