Maxol microturbo 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem with lockout, changed the pump, grundfos 15/60, overheat stat and pumpover run stat on boiler.
Problem is boiler keeps going to lockout after a couple of days, when I go back to reset it everything is ok, then another call few days later with same problem, followed the fault finding in manual and did what it said, change overheat and pump over run sats.
Any ideas, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What number you leave the stat on?

Number 1 gives a flow temp of 60 so doesn't need to be much higher.

Boiler beginning to sludge up perhaps.

What about TRVs and suitable by-pass?

Has it started locking out since heating being turned on?

left the boiler stat on 2, the boiler doesnt seem to be sludged up, no banging or noises associated with sludging, as for the Trv's, they are fitted,not in the hall with room stat,not sure about bypass, system has been in for some years, and yes I think it just started when heating was put back on, many thanks for reply.

My 40H MDF had this problem intermittently for a few weeks then locked out completely - gas valve had failed.

Sponsored Links
Would not be the first time a customer or kids where turning heating off at fused spur stopping pump over run working

I would be measuring the flow rate through the boiler by measuring the temperature differential across flow and return pipes!

That will indicate if the flow rate is correct and consistant with the power input to the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back