Maytag dishwasher won't drain

Sponsored Links
I'm waiting on suggestions for my Hoover dishwasher that won't fill!! But I do have some ideas for you! First thing to do is unplug it and check the out tube for blockages. Sounds obvious I know but it's a reasonable possibility, especially if it's been recently moved.

The next thing is, if it overfilled at all, then the float switch might have kicked in to prevent flooding. Some float switches are relevant to filling up and emptying out. So can you confirm if water still enters the machine? If it does this will rule out the float switch?

After that I'd check the pump to make sure you hear that it's attempting to push the water out. Do you hear an pumping sound?
If not maybe the pump is gone in it, and if so it'd do know harm to check the PCB along with the pump as sometimes the pump takes that out too.

After that I'd make sure that the plumbing pipes(in your kitchen/utility room/outside aren't clogged with something.

Hope this has been some help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back