Maytag Performa Washer Will Not Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Maytag washer stopped mid-cycle (full of water and soap). I heard a low "buzz/hum" and smelled a rubber odor. I tried cycling through the cycles and nothing works. It wouldn't even drain. I've since unplugged the washer and syphoned the water from it. I've removed the front panel and don't see any rubber residue from the belt. The motor moves on its plate/tray. Is this normal? Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
i left your post for 24 hours to see of it got any other replies, it hasn't, so i have posted just to say we ar not ignoring you but i suggest you see this

general notes

motors do tend to move some but will offer some generalisations

Some front loaders have a drive coupling between the motor and gear box this is quite often made of rubber (thinking more american whirlpool toploaders here though as those are the only ones I have worked on) I have replaced the couplings when they break (usually gets a burning rubber smell like a vacume cleaner belt caught)

if the pump is blocked/not working it will stall the programme as when it goes onto rinse cycle it can not empty water. This can cause it to just sit there waiting for it to empty before it can fill and carry on with rest of programe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back