Mazda3 2.0 Sport DSC Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to take a look at a Mazda3 2.0 Sport (06 plate).
The issue is an illuminated DSC light on the dash, which according to the hand book is the Dynamic Stability Control fault notification light. According to a few forums, this is not uncommon with a car of this age/spec.....however, it doesn't state what the fix is. The customer is selling the car soon so he doesn't wanna shell out too much......more a case of just getting the light disengaged.......up to him I guess.
Does anyone have an idea of where I should start looking? Preferably to fix the isssue, if not, turning the light off. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've been asked to take a look at a Mazda3 2.0 Sport (06 plate).
The issue is an illuminated DSC light on the dash, which according to the hand book is the Dynamic Stability Control fault notification light. According to a few forums, this is not uncommon with a car of this age/spec.....however, it doesn't state what the fix is. The customer is selling the car soon so he doesn't wanna shell out too much......more a case of just getting the light disengaged.......up to him I guess.
Does anyone have an idea of where I should start looking? Preferably to fix the isssue, if not, turning the light off. Thanks.

Having the same problem with mine. I have a Mazda 3 Sport 2006 2.0 model. The DSC light is permanently on. It has passed its MOT on 2 occasions while the light has been on. But the rules of the MOT are changing in April that states that if any warning lights are on the dashboard, the car immediately fails the MOT. I don't fancy an expensive £1500 repair bill for the sake of a faulty sensor. Looking at the Mazda forums this seems to be a common problem. Is there anyway around this? Just wondering if you had any joy at disengaging the light?

Sponsored Links
best to get the diagnostic done and see what it says, it may just be a wheel speed sensor. Its never a good idea to try to get around a safety circuit and is almost impossible on modern vehicles with electronics

Back