Mcb for shower will not reset !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP ! :eek:

I have a triton ivory ii 7.5 kw shower that has been installed for 2 years and all of a sudden it has tripped the mcb (32Kw) and it will NOT reset, i have had the pull cord switch replaced and still NO JOY :cry:

N.B all the wires etc are the correct ones.

Any ideas of what can be causing this?

Cheers

Wullie ;)

Sponsored Links
When you try to reset it, does it 'pop' at you?

How do you know the cables are correct, and who changed your pull cord? Surely whoever this was can fault find?

Lectrician said:
When you try to reset it, does it 'pop' at you?

Yes !

How do you know the cables are correct, and who changed your pull cord? Surely whoever this was can fault find?

A spark changed the cord but he's also a famous golfers caddie and he's over in the states at the moment. :eek:

Sponsored Links
So was the pull switch replaced a little while ago before the MCB started tripping?

RF Lighting said:
So was the pull switch replaced a little while ago before the MCB started tripping?

Yes the older one was minging and i got new one when i was decorating

I'm going to guess that one of the connections in the pull switch has not been properly tightened up, and has overheated and melted the insulation, causing a short circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back