MCB problem

Well, unless it tripped while it was still in the packet you must have some voltage where it shouldn't be.

Definitely need an electrician.

Sponsored Links
OK....

The RCD is completely disconnected now, not a single wire in it. Press reset and wait a short while and it still clicks out. Is this normal for an RCD like this, or is it faulty?

What, it trips when there is no wires attached to it??? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Its from Volex, anything could happen...

Sounds like the OP has invented wireless electricity though.....

Thanks to all for your posts. He took the RCD back to the shop, got a new one, all works perfectly.

I am a little worried about a low voltage light above his shower (12v IP65) as it is 2.1 metres above the shower tray and technically I think in zone zero?? It was already there, not fitted by him, and I guess it should be safe enough as it is now protected by the RCD and is only 12v (certainly a lot safer than it was anyway) however it is outside of the current regs from my understanding. Can you get zone zero downlighters for showers with low ceilings?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back