McLaren team falter again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2nd leg of my bet looking stronger...

..Speaking before the stewards announced their decision, Ron Dennis, the McLaren team principal, said: "It was 100 per cent a clear mistake. Lewis did an installation lap with one set of tyres and we just put on another set. It was 100 per cent our fault. We are trying so hard, it was a silly mistake, and people make mistakes. I'm not trivialising it, it perhaps shows that we are all human. I can't imagine anyone thinking any advantage has come from it.";...

The lynchpin race of the season - and they mess up - too much top down management?? Back on the tools Ron, time for a change.
:D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Absolutely appalling!! Hangings not good enough for them, they should be locked up and throw away the key.

they obviously didnt get teh last page of the dossier they nicked, titled how to win

Sponsored Links
Hey thermo! I wonder if you've stumbled upon something there? Did McLaren agree to throw the title as part of their punishment? It's funny that it all went pear-shaped and Ferrari got a 1-2. Can the team make adjustment to the car during the race?

It just seems rather odd that Hamilton lost all his gears long enough to put him out of contention - then miraculously they all came back and gave no more trouble. Faults rarely correct themselves for the rest of a race.

It seems that BMW and Williams may have also muffed up. They're currently under investigation for fuel irregularities. If DQ'd, Lewis would become World Champion!

Anyway, I see that Ferrari have now made their team orders appear a little more subtle. Massa miraculously came out into traffic after his second pitstop, something that Ferrari (and any of the top teams) would ordinarily have ensured didn't happen.

[url=http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7023.html]Click - F1[/url] said:
BMW Sauber and Williams under investigation - updated
The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday's Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing's technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after lengthy deliberations stewards chose not to impose sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

Toes didn't 'touch the line then' ?

I bet Mclaren will be hammering on the legal doors right now !!

:D :D

Sponsored Links
Back