MDF Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am lining a summerhouse (posh shed!) with 6mm MDF fastened at 400mm centres. The summerhouse will not be heated but will have insulation in the walls. Do I need to use moisture resistant MDF or will standard MDF do?

Sponsored Links
Certainly wouldn't recommend standard MDF to line out a free standing shed, sorry Summerhouse. It will absorb moisture, especially during the winter, and expand. Why do you want to use MDF, what kind of finish do you require? 6mm exterior ply would give a more robust lining.

XP said:
Certainly wouldn't recommend standard MDF to line out a free standing shed, sorry Summerhouse. It will absorb moisture, especially during the winter, and expand. Why do you want to use MDF, what kind of finish do you require? 6mm exterior ply would give a more robust lining.

I chose MDF because of the smooth finish for painting. The intention is to line the walls totally then on top of the lower half attach moisture resistant grooved MDF topped off with a rebated dado rail and rebated skirting board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back