MDPE Joint Under Suspended Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello is it okay to have a MDPE coupling joint (https://www.screwfix.com/prods/17684/Plumbing/Water-Pipe-and-Fittings/MDPE-Coupler-25-x-25mm) under a suspended timber floor?

I hope it is because it would be a nightmare to replace now since it's all fully laid ready for mains connection now

I plan to have a real wood floor on top so wanted to be reassured

I'm sure these joints are common aren't they otherwise why would they be sold right? :rolleyes:

Someone please reassure me :( pleesh

Sponsored Links
It will be ok under a suspended floor, but I would never fit one where I would not be able to gain access easily at a later date. Is it possible for you to cut a board to make it easily liftable in your new floor, cos it would make a heck of a mess if it started to leak.
Remember not to overtighten the coupler as they are only plastic threads: follow the manufacturers instructions from their website if you are in any doubt.

:rolleyes: Thanks for the info Mr Leaky, well I'm not sure whether that's good or bad news

It's not in solid floor or soil BUT it is under what is to be a solid wood floor which will probaly be secret nailed to the floor

That's an excellent idea of cutting a board, I shall cut the tongue of the boards above the joint so hopefully if needed they can lift up without too much damage :oops:

But from your experience have you heard of a mdpe coupler joint failing?

Is it worth smearing some silicone gel on the joint?

Thanks for your help sir

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back