measure of conduct...

I

imamartian

Admin, i've been here a while, and had a few scrapes. Seen many come and go... I've even mentioned the rules a few dozen times. However, i don't really know what kind of stance/attitude/activity presses DIYnot's "BAN" button.

The rules are broad, and the rumour talks about a number of threads closed due to individuals..

My point is, should we be party to the detail so we can avoid the boot? i mean, if i'm two deleted threads away from a boot, wouldn't it benefit us all if i knew that?

Just a thought !!

Sponsored Links
They may have a "Warning" level that only the user can see. Some PHP does, but this has been tweaked about so who knows.

They may have a "Warning" level that only the user can see. Some PHP does, but this has been tweaked about so who knows.
the 'user' being who?

my only problem really is it's a bit like a speed limit... i'm quite happy that there's a limit... but it's just hard as a motorist when they don't tell what the maximum is !!!!!!

You could only see your own warning level, generally if you behave it drops back down.

Sponsored Links
The trouble with such a system would surelt be the inundation of petty squabbles and appeals with the mods and admin, which would take up too much energy. As it stands, you know how close to the wire you get by how many posts get removed. If you keep pushing the boundary then a short term ban will be applied I'd imagine anyway, or a pm from the powers-that-be advising you to change your ways.

The trouble with such a system would surelt be the inundation of petty squabbles and appeals with the mods and admin, which would take up too much energy. As it stands, you know how close to the wire you get by how many posts get removed. If you keep pushing the boundary then a short term ban will be applied I'd imagine anyway, or a pm from the powers-that-be advising you to change your ways.

Again I have modded with such and the rule was no appeal so dont bother.
Like here sometimes things take time, others instant. Although I think this is because of a lack of Moderating team.

You could only see your own warning level, generally if you behave it drops back down.

ok, my limit is ten, amd i'm on 7.... it might help me !!!

It's odd that it's secret !!

I doubt that it exists.

If it's like other forums, the mods/admin will have a separate hidden area where they'll discuss/highlight issues and or members. Presumably they come to agreed policies as to which topics are taboo.

Sorry m8ty it does.
Not my style to make things up.
The forum i was a joint admin on was php, and there wasn't one on that. Not contradicting you, but maybe this one hasn't either. Dunno!

Sponsored Links
Back