MEB to water main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last company i worked for would still run a 10mm earth to the incoming water main, even thought it was a plastic supply pipe and the internal plumbing installation was in plastic too.

The only copper in the houses was always less than 1M long other than were the drops to the boiler and the gas supply was obviously in copper, which would get MEB'd.

Am i correct in thinking that this water bonding was a waste of money?? And not a requirement?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it was a total waste of time and money. Connecting wires to a plastic pipe achieves nothing.

Exactly my thinking too....But, i was just being paid to do as I'm told there, so didn't question it. HAHA

Although it weren't earth clamped to plastic, it certainly wasn't going anywhere after.

A copper "stub" would be inserted either side of the stop-tap to connect said cable to.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back