Mediterranean style garden sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've been looking for a Mediterranean style garden sink in the UK, but so far have not found a place that either manufactures or sells them. Two examples of what I have in mind are shown in the photos below.

Garden_sink_example1.jpg

Garden_sink_example2.jpg

It can be a simple concrete cast as in the first example, or as in the second one a more refined brushed stone/concrete mix. The ultimate option is just to have one shipped from the south - but that's not happening before I've exhausted all options here! Anyone knows where I should be looking at - suppliers, garden centres, etc.? Any suggestion most welcome!

Sponsored Links
GP KRK are a concrete pre-casting company that produce mainly road and building construction and drainage items with offices /works in Slovenia and Croatia. Might be worth an e-mail to see if they have an agent in England for their precast "domestic" items

GP KRK dd Krk, a subsidiary of construction in Slovenia
Technology park 18, 1000 Ljubljana
+ 386 (0) 1 320 56 96
[email protected]
[email protected]

The first one at least would be easy enough to make by creating a former out of wood and casting in concrete.

Sponsored Links
GP KRK are a concrete pre-casting company that produce mainly road and building construction and drainage items with offices /works in Slovenia and Croatia. Might be worth an e-mail to see if they have an agent in England for their precast "domestic" items

Thanks, but I asked in person while I was in Croatia - they are mainly regional construction company and don't supply outside their domestic markets. So looking for someone like them, but with wider distribution, or some UK company even.

The first one at least would be easy enough to make by creating a former out of wood and casting in concrete.
Yes, the first one is the simplest option, but beyond my skills. The second one would be ideal, as the reddish embedded stones would be quite a good match with the surrounding brickwork in my garden.

Thanks, but unfortunately no. These are ceramic or some similar material, which is quite a bad outdoor option, in my opinion. Firstly, this type of surface would be an eyesore, secondly I don't think they behave well when exposed to elements and various DIY projects - while those above I posted above age quite well (especially the second one).
Just puzzled how these practically don't exist here, and I know how they can be amazingly practical.

Yes we are also planning to have an outside sink to go with the outside tap, but we hadn't got as far as deciding which. We just assumed a Belfast type of sink would be fine, but maybe not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back