Megaflo Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Megaflo hot water system. It began to overflow in August and I had it regenerated. This evening I noticed it was overflowing again. I am currently attempting to regenerate it myself - it is taking ages for the lowest taps to stop dripping and the gurgling to stop. It should not need regenerating this soon should it? If once the whole thing has drained and it stops gurgling it is still overflowing could you advise me what could be wrong? And even if it works OK once I have done this should I have it checked out because it has overflowed two months after the regeneration?

I have no technical knowledge. I will get a plumber out but would like to have some idea of what could be wrong. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Your megaflow should not need regenerating that regularly, however you may have another fault or even a pin hole in the top of the tank its self, I did have to replace one under warranty once due to a pin holed weld, however you should get a Qualified G.3 certified engineer to take a look as only qualified persons can repair these units, but faulty thermostats, T&P valve or PRV all could cause your overflow to run ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back