Megaflo and Pressure Guage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

This is my first time posting but glad I found this site.
I would be extremely grateful for any help.

I have a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo System Fit Cylinder which is powered by a Potterton Boiler. The system seems to be working fine but I have noticed recently that on the primary pressure guage the red needle has dropped below 1 bar, also the black needle rises above the red needle when the timer on the boiler kicks in and it starts to heat the water. Is this normal? When the bolier is not on, the black needle sits on the red needle.

I thought the red needle was a kind of 'limiter' and the black needle should not exceed this.

All help would be very much appreciated.

Deep

Sponsored Links
hahaha. no the red needle does nothing. it just indicates what the system pressure should be set to when system is cool. yes its perfectly normal for the black needle to go up when heat is on and then drop back down when it goes off. what happens is as the system heats up the water expands and pressure rises as it cools it drops back down.

Just re-position the red needle to just above 1 Bar, then set the black needle to this when system is cold.

You may find topping up of the system needs doing a couple of times a year, this is quite normal.

Sponsored Links
Get a flat head screwdriver and move the red needle to 2 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back