Megaflow DD210 with Electric heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to look at a DD210. The lower immersion heater (GU 11TC) has burnt Lucar connnectors and needs replacing. Advice please on general depressuring, draining and re-com. No sign of installation and users manual at the site.
regards,

Sponsored Links
Firstly you shouldn't be touching it unless you have G3 qualification aka unvented ticket. As a certain Doctor Drivel on here keeps reminding us, it is potentially a bomb in the hands of the untrained. www.waterheaterblast.com shows a 54 litre tank that to be fair has been messed about with so that it explodes.

Secondly I can tell from your post that you are somewhat experienced and will probably do the job anyway. The least I can do is to show you the instructions and stress that you adhere to them carefully. Also you will need the correct tool for removing and replacing the immersion heater which should have been left with the instructions or may be secreted around the cylinder somewhere. If not you will have to get one from heatrae sadia.
The instructions are HERE I know you are not are buffoon but I must stress the importance of correct wiring and that you must not by-pass any stats

Firstly you shouldn't be touching it unless you have G3 qualification aka unvented ticket. As a certain Doctor Drivel on here keeps reminding us, it is potentially a bomb in the hands of the untrained. www.waterheaterblast.com shows a 54 litre tank that to be fair has been messed about with so that it explodes.

Secondly I can tell from your post that you are somewhat experienced and will probably do the job anyway. The least I can do is to show you the instructions and stress that you adhere to them carefully. Also you will need the correct tool for removing and replacing the immersion heater which should have been left with the instructions or may be secreted around the cylinder somewhere. If not you will have to get one from heatrae sadia.
The instructions are HERE I know you are not are buffoon but I must stress the importance of correct wiring and that you must not by-pass any stats

Thanks for the advice. Had a look at web site. Not a lot there to be honest, certainly not what I'm looking for. Or at least no downloadable manuals or instructions for the DD210 that I could find. A bit of a warren.
Thanks again, regards,

Sponsored Links
It is there ..... Look harder.

Click products
Unvented
megaflo HE

OR products
MegafloHE & Megatech Solar then
MegafloHE

Its half way down the the set of blue links. Installation instructions.

The link brings up a java window which is a bit naff so copy the document to your computer and open it from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back