Megaflow too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Megaflow CL170HE Unvented Indirect cylinder

Hi Folks, recently moved into a new house and trying to figure out the hot water installation. We have a timer switch which has a setting for central heating and hot water, we found the hot water to be too hot at all times. In an effort to try and isolate I have set the hot water setting to off and the water is still always far too hot.

In the cupboard where the cylinder is located I found a switch (looks like an light switch ) and as a test I powered it off and we still had good hot water for a few days before having to turn it back on again.

Looking for some advice about a few things to try and figure this out
  • Do these system usually get installed connected to the timer
  • If not is it possible to connect to the timer
  • Found what looks like a temp control numbered 1-5 is this to set the temp
  • Is this just system super-efficient or is it running on all the time (costing electric)
Thanks in advance
PS no issue with heating so assume they are 100% separate systems.

Sponsored Links
That switch was the immersion. They are often too hot.

Leave it off and try the hot water timer again. There might be a fault with that which is why the previous occupier had the immersion on.

Thanks Dan, when there might be a fault are you talking about the timer? I will certainly give it a go as I did replace the timer as the LCD display was faulty so you could be onto something. cheers

I also have this problem. There seems to be two dials 1-5 which controls the temp?

Attachments

• IMG_20171019_204430.jpg
    IMG_20171019_204430.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 4,378
Sponsored Links
I also have this problem. There seems to be two dials 1-5 which controls the temp?
The red dial controls the electric immersion heater, the brass one the temperature when heated from your boiler.

You don't often need them above 3 in either case. The immersion is usually dearer to run and slower to heat. Best to use your boiler.

The immersion is handy as a back-up option if the boiler fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back