Mending a cracked sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old bathroom that I want to make look better without spending a lot.

The sink is cracked around the cold water tap, the top of the taps dont match, and the pipes leading up to the taps are exposed and ugly

So I could either
tear it out and install a new sink/vanity
or
change the taps so the match, build a vanity round the pipes to hide them and cover up the cracks

So here is my question: what is the easiest and cheapest way to hide the cracks, the sink doesnt leak and the cracks are long, fairly straight and nor branching

I'm doing this to try and sell the house, so to be honest if it only lasts long enough to get the place sold I'm not that bothered but it has to look "as good as new"

Sponsored Links
:idea: buy a new basin and taps. get one with a pedestal to hide the pipes.

You will find it much easier to fit if you put the taps on the basin first, with flexible tap connectors. Also fit the waste before fastening the basin to the wall.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:

You will find it much easier to fit if you put the taps on the basin first, with flexible tap connectors. Also fit the waste before fastening the basin to the wall.

Thanks JohnD, the pipes come out of little holes in the floorboards staight up to the taps, so if I fit a pedestal do I need to (and can I) take the boards up and put in new pipes or is there some other way to deal with this?

LindsayO said:
JohnD said:

Thanks JohnD, the pipes come out of little holes in the floorboards staight up to the taps, so if I fit a pedestal do I need to (and can I) take the boards up and put in new pipes or is there some other way to deal with this?

if you want the pipes hidden behind the pedestal

yes floorboards up new pipes

real easy job little bit of soldering

no big deal no big cost

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back