Messy Sealant Woes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We recently moved into our new(est) house which has had replacement UPVC double glazing.

At least four of the units have 'popped' but that's another story...

The installers who fitted the new windows didn't do a very good job of 'finishing off' and we are left with grubby, untidy looking sealant around the windows.

I'm a bit loathed to start picking at it and if I put sealant over the top it might make it worse.

Oh, and a lot of the finishing strips are starting to pull away from the walls!

Anyone know where I should start with the tidy up?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to look out for double glazing man, rather than a company. Get him to give you a quote or tidying it all up & fixing anything that needs doing. Wont even be a days work.

Diyisfun said:
Might be an idea to look out for double glazing man, rather than a company. Get him to give you a quote or tidying it all up & fixing anything that needs doing. Wont even be a days work.

Right. So these guys do this stuff then?

I guess they would do a better job with the sealant than I would :)

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Of course they do if they are any good, they seal everything then cover it with beading :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back