metal box profile questions

thanks for the links drewroof. very useful indeed.

I intend to get a few pictures of my roof up, but am having problems with my digital camera :cry: .

(shh - keep this under your hat) I'm trying to get a roof done in a bit of an unorthodox way - basically very cheap! - so have been buying bits and pieces and am atempting to bodge a few things together. I've got some metal tiles on a sheet, but want to add a few left over sheets of box profile I have as well. I'm sure if a professional saw my set up they would give me a right telling off :oops: . The way I figure it, so longs as it's waterproof, that will do me. The timber frame work is my own design using whatever wood I had. The 125mm nails have been driven in now, so there's no going back. So it may seem a bit unusual. I blame ebay for that - I've been getting whatever bits I can from there.

by the way I'm in B14.

but thanks for all the help anyway. this forum has been really helpful. :D

Sponsored Links
just been reading the installation link and seen that the tape is used on end overlaps. I don't have any of these (poor description on my part.) I have single sheets, approx 2m long each, and a single sheet will go from the ridge to the gutter. My query was about the side laps, where the stitchers go. Do I use 2m lengths of tape on the sides of sheets when they overlap, or silicon sealant, or just use stitchers to hold them tight together.

you use the 3mm sealent on the side laps,where they overlap, it only helps to keep condensation out, so if you aint got none i would use normal silicon sealant at the very least, you can get some 3mm mastic, called Arbo by us roofers, from a palce called fixing point in walsall or cft in stourbridge,

hope this helps Drew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back