Metal c stud on wall lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can some one answer can i use c studs on wall lining and how to fix brackets in that case? Or I need wall lining channels with tracks ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What your talking about is gyp-liner or equivalent which is fixed to brackets fixed to the wall. The have a top and bottom channel for the plasterboard sheet ends and a plate system for skirting fixing...pinenot

Gypliner I'm talking.i bought by mistake c studs with tracks and gl2 brackets. i found out that for wall lining in gypliner is gl1 lining channels and gl8 track with gl2 brackets .? How can I go about that issues. Vertical span is 2.10m can I suport c stud in any other way apart from brackets or 2.10span don't need suport ?

Thanks

The units you've bought should work assuming their all matched to each other i.e. the channel pushes over the c channel (CL?) ends the brackets, when folded into the U shape straddle the sides of the c channel (CL?) But if any of the fore mentioned are not right let us know and we should be able to help.
By the way can you exchange the goods where you bought them?...pinenot

Sponsored Links
this how can I fit now one side of the stud don't have space where I can fit bracket
this is how I want to do it ? I unfortunately i can return c studs what if I put timber in c stud and then fix bracket one side will be metal one side timber ?

Ah, I see now whats happened, This is actually Gypwall not Gypliner you've got hold of, no matter we can make this work if there's no way of exchanging it.
The system relies on both top and bottom channels being fixed, plum to each other, to soffit and floor respectively, the c channel, or studs, along with noggin channel, are self supporting.
So if you want to carry on with this? can you tell me which channel, stud you have (Gyproc nos. actual sizes and thicknesses etc. and photos if poss) and advise whether you can order the noggin channels...pinenot

Right, the 70mm configuration will fully self support at the height 2.1m
that is to say that it does not need the support of the blockwork wall.
You need to fix the channels top and bottom, ensuring they are parallel and plum regardless of the wall and you'll require to buy some noggin channel which goes in at the height of 1200mm normally. A Gyproc crimping tool will put it all together, otherwise you'll have to use wafer head screws and a cordless, or similar.
Here's a couple of links to the Gyproc site book and the sections which will help you, any questions just ask...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back