Metallic Emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where I can buy metallic emulsion, or emulsion with a slight sparkle. I need it champagne or silver. Proving difficult to find....if its made at all. Its to paint over embossed (new) wallpaper.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've seen Crown Metallic emulsion and Craig & Rose Opulence in Q&B but not sure about the colours they do. I've never used either so can't really comment on their performance.

The crown one is apparantly not too bad, craig and rose emulsion is crap so bet their metallic is to.
Key thing though is application, ideally it needs spraying because if you use a roller it lifts some of the paint back off as you go over it leaving the wall patchy, use minimal strokes with the roller and lay off one way. Mostly metallic paints are used as a feature or to highlight decorative mouldings or similar, a whole room in your ordinary everyday house could look really chavy. I've done lincrusta before and then highlighted the raised pattern over a base coat but anagyptas/ordinary embossed are to flat.
The ardenbrite range is good but it would cost you a fortune to do what you want to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back