meter check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a month ago I posted a topic about how to check an electric meter that seemed to be inaccurate, as I was unable to justify my £60 per month bill . By the number of views this subject generated a considerable amount of interest from others. It may be of help to someone that I now think I may have found the solution to the problem very simply by checking the setting of the controls on my freezers.
The swith on the one in my kitchen was set to "fast freeze" this means that the compressor motor runs continuously 24/7 and is not controlled by the thermostat. The freezer in the garage has an "economy setting"which was not in use although I am sure it is suitable for a unit situated in an unheated outbuilding. The result of these small adjustments has been astounding . my average usage of 20 units per day has fallen to just 11 units which is almost half . I eagerly await my next quarterly bill to see if I am right.
Dave

Sponsored Links
ah, the old fast freeze function. Should be outlawed. What useful purpose does it serve? You just forget its on and wake up the next day to a freezer showing -36 degrees on its display :eek: and several units of electric down the drain. Wonder what would happen if i left it on constantly . . . whats the lowest temperature it could get to i wonder.

My whizzo new Bosch has an anti-wife function - if you press the superfreeze button, it resets itself after 24 hours back to the normal temperature. Each temp button, and the fast one, has a light over it to show the setting.

Yeah, our chest freezer has a lovely amber illuminated FF button right at floor level. Each child in succession has taken delight in switching it on every time they go by!!

We are on child number 3, who is currently 15months, and over the years have suffered many tubs of soft scoop impersonating concrete!!!

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
Child number 3 ? they're the worst, expect more trouble from that one than 1&2 put together :rolleyes:
Also why do your children have the same names as mine ;)

Funny you should say that, dell, I keep getting them mixed up! Isn't that awful??

Mrs Secure suggested using Child 1, 2 & 3 as a joke, and it kinda stuck!

No doubt you have the same problem...

Mine are all girls! boy do I suffer :cry:
They're at 3 different schools at the moment, but it does mean I can tell them apart by their uniforms and which direction they set off :LOL:
They do have benefits tho, whenever I'm not sure about something I just ask my teenager, she knows everything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

soft scoop ice cream is NEVER SOFT! Whats that all about? :evil: false advertising?

Looks like I've got it all to look forward to....

Current ages, 6, 3 & 15m.

Having said that, the 6 yo is acting like a sulky teenager already!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back