Metrel Instaltest 61557 tester query...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Metrel Instaltest 61557 and am struggling to get it to display all the results following an Auto RCD test. After running through the whole sequence, the screen shows results from the sixth test. When I press the DISPLAY key it then shows the first.

According to the instructions (not the best translation) I should continue pressing the display key to scroll through the RCD test results in order. The problem is when I press DISPLAY again it starts flashing "Clear All Memory".

A mate has the Easitest 61557 which uses the DISPLAY key to scroll through the six tests. Anyone know this tester and what i'm doing wrong? :confused:

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I have the Instaltest unit.

Yeah, you just keep pressing the "DISPLAY" key and it goes through the 4 results.

Has it only recently gone t!ts up, or has it always done this?

Need Rob out the pub again, he has one too, IIRC.

Hope this gets across the Pennines....

ROB!!!

Cheers for the reply Secure.

It's always done this unfortunately. Think might have to ask them to have a look when I send it for calibrating. :(

I have indeed got one, but it's in for calibration until tomorrow night.

You just press display 4 times on mine to scroll through the 4 results.

My meter went a bit funny last year and started doing weird things. I was able to reboot the software on it and it has been fine since. I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head, but when I get mine back tomorrow I'll let you know.

It's certainly worth a try.

Sponsored Links
Cheers RF!

If you can remeber how to reboot it then let me know and i'll give it a try. It does require calibrating but even so I still would expect to operate normally. :confused:

Yes, even if it needs calibrating it should still operate as normal.

I'm sure you've tried changing the batteries?

I'm sure you've tried changing the batteries?
I hadn't as they show fully charged. :oops:

Maybe that would be worth a go. I've had it a year or so but it's not had much use. Bought it for learning/practising testing etc with really. The spark I help out from time to time has their own tester so i'd never got round to getting it calibrated. In the other test modes the Metrel operates normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back