Micra starting problem (bubble shape)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Micra with an intermittent starting problem in cold weather. Having read a previous thread which suggested the problem might be the engine temperature thermostat, I replaced this item. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. Does anyone think that a replacement throttle body might do the trick? There are no other symptoms, when the engine does start it runs faultlessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick response.
I replaced the sensor that screws into the engine block

New development. The car started the other cold morning, without throttle, as that usually is the most effective way, and then immediately stalled. It wouldn't restart without throttle. I then used a tip from a friendly RAC man who suggested almost full throttle (1cm up) and crank the engine over till it starts. And it did, but rough but soon settled down. Anyone got any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like over- fuelling.Good tip which used to work on these was to take out the fuse for the fuel pump-start then replace.Maybe you have not changed correct sensor,you need sensor that connects with ecu.Ask parts dept at nissan dealer...

Back