MICRON 40FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Symptoms:

"I have a Micron 40FF water heating boiler installed as part of a Y-plan heating system.There are also a room and tank stat + TRV's on all rads except one.The boiler has a fanned flue. Sometimes the fan starts running but no gas or ignition sequence occurs. It can be very difficult to get started if this occurs.
However, if it lights it will run for about 20 minutes and everything gets hot. It then switches off. When it tries to re light the fan runs but there is no gas or ignition.
To get it to light again you have to switch everything off and leave for about 20 minutes then swith on the CH only and it will sometimes light after about 5 minutes."

With the benefit of hindsight and a new PCB, I can also add the following:
The first irregularity began a while ago.
When new, the boiler would ignite immediately with the first spark. However, over time, this became less reliable, taking four or five attempts for the boiler to light. It was subsequent to this that the terminal failure occurred.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
well what can you say if the terminal has failed could well be your problem :LOL:
hi kev thanks for your support but what do you mean by the terminal has failed

edited to correct quote

Sponsored Links
There's a new pcb for this problem. I can sell you one very cheap. If you don't email me I also will assume you're a spoof. My email is in my profile.

ChrisR said:
There's a new pcb for this problem. I can sell you one very cheap. If you don't email me I also will assume you're a spoof. My email is in my profile.
ther,s ameny a conmen in the yellow pages i dont trust so think again if i will trust you.......

Yes I rip people off all the time. Your 3rd post, my 3,200th.

Almost 100% this is LITTLE OLD LADY in disguise, there's several things about the style which are similar but I'm not going into details. What's the odds that this spoof will pretend to be someone else in the next few days. This poster is probably a regular here, is a heating "engineer", and is using the forum to get answers to his work problems. Obviously deceiptful, would be better if he was open and honest. Doesn't trust anybody, and is probably a poor workman.

oilman said:
Almost 100% this is LITTLE OLD LADY in disguise, there's several things about the style which are similar but I'm not going into details. What's the odds that this spoof will pretend to be someone else in the next few days. This poster is probably a regular here, is a heating "engineer", and is using the forum to get answers to his work problems. Obviously deceiptful, would be better if he was open and honest. Doesn't trust anybody, and is probably a poor workman.

little old lady
little old man
jim 1

how many more goes will he have

not counting the other two im suss of :evil:

trouble with a***s like this is the genuine posters get ignored

At least he's showing rispek. Calling me Christ he is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back