Microwave oven leakage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combination microwave which is only two years old & I have noticed that there is a crack in the outer casing at the side of the door but its impossible to see how deep this crack actually is. Bearing this in mind I thought it right to replace it but have now been told you can buy a microwave oven leakage detector which would prove if it is safe to use. I've seen them advertised on maplin's website & just wonder are they any good? my instincts say to get rid of it but other half thinks differently. what are the health risks for using one that is possibly defective? any replies would be gratefully received. thanks

Sponsored Links
It is low powered m/waves, but if its at head height or nut height you should worry.
Dont now how much these testers, but using a small flourcent tube or a neon held at the dodgy area will test for leaks, both will glow/flicker if there is a microwave leak

Other way is to put your mobile phone inside the microwave (oven switched off of course) and try and ring your mobile. If it rings it means the signal is getting through the seals. If the signal can get in, radiation can get out
:idea: :idea: :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back