Mid position valve advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

my c/h has stopped working but n/w is fine, i have tracked the probelm back the the mid valve, which is a drayton Ma1 actuator, which does not move when h/w is called for, i have managed to by pass the problem by manually operating the valve to the mid position untill i get a new one, however i just wanted to check with yourself, as there is only a few mm of movment within this valve, is this correct or is the actual valve faulty as well.

Sponsored Links
Hi

my c/h has stopped working but n/w is fine
whats n/w

i have tracked the probelm back the the mid valve, which is a drayton Ma1 actuator, which does not move when h/w is called for
move from what position ?

look on the side of the actuator it will have three letters they will indicate what position the valve is in.
W M H

i have managed to by pass the problem by manually operating the valve to the mid position untill i get a new one
if you have no heating then i would suspect the motor rather than a complete new actuator
check the actuator is getting power on the white wire when heating called for.

however i just wanted to check with yourself, as there is only a few mm of movment within this valve, is this correct or is the actual valve faulty as well.

yes they only move a small distance.

You may want to take the opportunity to buy a heating control pack with a new valve, and an independent 2 channel timer. It will drastically improve the comfort, performance and reliability.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys, its now fixed, so i am in the good books as we shall have heating for christmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back