Miele G1022 Dishwasher won't fill....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Miele G1022 Dishwasher will not correctly fill with water.

When I start a wash cycle the machine begins to drain and pumps out the water with no problem.

When the machine begins to fill the solenoid/fill valve is switched on for around 5 seconds and then cuts out and the drain/fill LED flashes.

It continues to do this for some time and gradually fills the machine before starting the drain cycle again.

I have checked and cleaned the filters, non return valve and the drain pump is free of obstruction. I have also removed the micro filter on the inlet hose and that was also free of dirt/obstruction.

There are no problems with water pressure.

Can anyone offer any advice to what maybe causing this problem?

Sponsored Links
It could be a leak that the dishwasher has detected. It may be preventing the wash cycle from starting to prevent any risk to your kitchen.

My Bosch dishwasher had a similar issue many years ago.

the bottom of most dishwashers is actually a tray. In that tray is a small polystyrene float. If there is a leak, it will fill up the tray to the point where the polystyrene begins to float on the surface of the collected leak water.

Once this happens, it activates a safety cut of switch which may prevent the dishwasher from starting or draining.

I temporarily got round this by pulling the dishwasher out, tilting it to manually remove the leak water (hard to do) and it was good to go for another cycle.

Eventually, I got an engineer to come, take it away and fix it.

I removed the sides to have a look and locate the leak but dishwashers are very hard to work on as everything is compact and squeezed in.

This is just one of the possibilities.

Hoping the following may help anyone following the same searches I tried:

When I tried to start a wash, it would only pump out for a minute then stop, with the 'Inlet/Drain' warning light coming on.

My machine is the Miele G1040, which I bought used and had no user manual for it. A manual can be found on Miele G 1040 Operating instructions
which has some illustrations but it has very sparse instructions on maintenance and repair.

I spent a lot of time checking the hoses before finding this forum and realising that the warning light covers other problems as well. The final solution for mine was so quick and easy that I am posting it here with the suggestion that, if the back of your machine is hard to get at, it is the very first thing to try, before moving it. This is just a few minutes' work. You will need a narrow spout brush or wire pipe-cleaners. Sponge away excess water if necessary.

• Lift the baskets out.
  • Pull up on the rotating arm to remove it.
  • Twist and lift away the filter assembly.
  • With a bright light, get your head into the machine.
  • Squeeze the little clip (noting its catch) which is sticking upward and push toward middle of bowl to remove (expect a sudden spurt of water; it soon stops). This is the non-return valve with just a seal and a steel ball; note which way the rubber fits then prise it out and clean it ready for refit.
  • Under there is a plastic arch which pulls up to remove; this reveals the impeller which can be checked for debris (beware broken glass). This should be easily turned though you will feel magnetic resistance twice per turn.
  • Near this, to the rear of the machine, can be seen the start of a narrow port; use brush or pipe-cleaner to push through and thoroughly clean out.
  • Clean all and replace in reverse order.
Mine had had no maintenance, other than cleaning the filter, for at least five years; the little port was clogged and I think that was the only thing wrong.

Best of luck; if that has not sorted it, see other suggestions in above thread.

Does the light flash at a constant rate or fast and slow?

Sponsored Links
i have this same problem my drain light flashes constant for 5 flashes then slow for 1 flash has anyone any ideas

1 slow and 5 fast? F51.
Blocked impeller or bad heating relay or faulty pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back