Miele t250c Dryer Beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Miele T250C Novotronic Condenser Dryer has stopped functioning.

Initially it just stopped heating.

Following the advice on this forum i tested the thermostat 36FXH16 under the main back panel and deduced it was faulty. I ordered the spare and replaced.

But now whenever i turn the drier on, the buzzer comes on and stays on for about 20 seconds, the cool air light comes on, and the machine iron light flashes, regardless of what drying cycle is set.

After about 1 minute, the drier stops and then requires turning on and off in order for the control panel to be responsive again at all.

I have also cleaned every vent, filter etc and also cleared any dust from any PCB, connector i can see when i remove the top panel.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I also have just tested the rear NTC (short 2cm long brass probe in plastic case under the back panel) and there is continuity and less then 1ohm resistance. is this the prime suspect now?

Sponsored Links
NTC should read between 10 and 120 k Ohms depending on temp. Less than 1 ohm means open circuit so if your readings are correct, yes the NTC is faulty. E spares sells this NTC for around £50 or for cheaper spares - try ebay in Germany (http://www.ebay.de/itm/130500272474?redirect=mobile)

Ok - Great. Thanks a lot. I've bought it and will install at the weekend. I'll post back with the results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back