Miele T7744C not drying

Ah thanks, I see what you mean now. I think I had my multimeter on too low a setting. Having turned it up to 200KΩ I am now getting a reading: 76K at room temp and approx 20K in heated water (it does increase rapidly as I measure it).

Sponsored Links
You mean decrease rapidly?
Manufacturer data stipulates 125576Ω at 20C & 10681Ω at 85C. Pretty far away from what you read but that could be meter inaccuracy or maybe you didn't zero it with the ohms adjust before you took the reading. The rapid decrease in resistance is how it is supposed to function but your measurements are off. When you get an F66 error during operation the "clean airways" LED on the control panel should flash. Is this what happened or did another LED flash (apart from finish)? The F66 error code may be a red herring.

I should explain that I dipped the probe in hot water, removed it and measured it at which point the reading was increasing even as I carried out the measurement so I adjusted it for the time delay. Having remeasured with the probe still in the water it comes out at 22K - although I am estimating the temperature of the water (freshly boiled with a tiny bit of cool mixed in). As it gets pretty hot in the kitchen, I also remeasured at room temperature in a different room and the reading comes out at 84K. Not quite sure what to think about this. My multimeter doesn't have an ohms adjust, it's an electronic type but when I touch + and - together it does indeed read zero.

With regards to the error reading, the 'clean airways' LED does not come on and never has. I've called up the error again and noted that the 'automatic' LED flashes 6 long ones and 6 short ones and additionally the low temperature LED also flashes continually but without any such pattern.

Last thing first....On models with an LCD display (showing an F66 error in service mode) the automatic LED should blink 6 long & 6 short bursts in a repeating pattern. This is how models without a display communicate the same error code. With an F66 error the low temp LED should not flash, but the "clean airways" should (which it doesn't on yours). The only time the "low-temp" LED should flash is when the electronic system lock is engaged (in user mode the display would show 0-o if this was the case).
On the basis of your measurements I would be inclined to believe the rear NTC is out of its parameters. However this is not an exact science & it could just as well be down to a pcb issue. If the temp registered by the NTC reaches 170C an F66 error is generated. But if this was actually the case & the temp did stay at 170C+ for any length of time then the safety thermostat on the heater box would trip.
I am reluctant to give you any kind concrete "this will fix it" as Miele products are more complex than other makes & spares are very expensive. If it was my decision in your position...I think I would throw in the towel & call Miele service. The alternative being: change the rear NTC & cross your fingers it isn't something even more expensive. Sorry I couldn't help you more, but there is no replacement for hands-on. I can only give you so much assistance here. Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
Never mind I've decided to call it a day and ring up Miele. Thanks anyway for your help Zipper, it''s still appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back