Miele WT946washer dryer - dryer has stopped working, advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are refitting our kitchen at the moment and have to decide whether to retain our Miele WT946 washer dryer or get a new washer completely. We already decided to get a separate dryer in the new kitchen, so we could keep the existing model as a washer only, or as a backup. So here is the problem:
a while ago the dryer function on the Miele packed up. Wasn't so much of a problem in the summer and as we were planning to refit our kitchen i didn't bother to get it fixed.
It is out of warranty.
We're now having the kitchen redone and the washer is currently plumbed into the living room (!) so i can get full access to it, though as it was integrated it doesn't have a clear door so you can't see what's going on inside. The washing cycle works fine, but if you turn on the dryer, it makes a very gentle noise, almost like it's on the anti-crease cycle, however the clothes and the drum don't warm up at all, and the indicators for the cycle don't move forward. However the top surface of the dryer does get hot - really hot! (This heating up only occurs when you try and use the dryer function) I presume this is some sort of short, but anyone any ideas as to a) whether it's likely to be something simple and inexpensive to fix, or b) likely costs of the replacement parts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back