Might have a new combi installed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...will the existing pipework be satisfactory, and is it likely that the order of the pipes that go into and come out of the boiler will change. What I mean is that on my Ravenheat, the gas supply pipe is far left, then hot water out, cold water supply, heating supply then heating return.

Also, what about the flue duct - is that likely to change position requiring a new hole in the wall?

Just trying to ascertain what kind of work will be involved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most boilers are Flow, hot, gas, cold, return, now. Flue hole may line up depending on model of boiler chosen.

Ok cheers mate

Am I right to assume the existing piping can just be amended with a few cuts and additions of some 90 degree turns with a little new piping just below the site of the boiler? I.e nothing needs to be ripped out and started all over again..?

Yep, bit of juggling below the boiler normally does the trick. It's never the tidiest job but it saves ripping a kitchen apart and can always be boxed.

Sponsored Links
If I remember right the gas on the Ravenheat is in 15mm, check to make sure it goes up to 22mm near the boiler or you will need a new gas run.

Depends what size gas pipe you have from meter now. Your RGI will work it out.

It depends on total length, number of bends and how many appliances are coming off that particular gas pipe run.

ok cheers, will bear that in mind. Might just try to keep fixing existing if is going to require new pipework as would mean ripping up an awful lot of floor! Though this is only delaying the inevitable.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back