Milky Coloured Hot Water from Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one, we had a Vaillant Eco Tec 831 installed around 4 weeks ago its been used every day for the rads and also hot water.

The hot water coming from our taps is a milky colour and looks horrible - I first thought that this was the wearing in of the new components and that it would go away but it has not.

Since being installed the wife has had a bath everyday and combined with the rest of the hot water usage of the house the boiler must have processed around 3k litres of water.

What do you guys think.

Sponsored Links
Its just the effect of dissolved gas being released.

Totally harmless and irrelevant.

Of course your CORGI registered installer should have explained all that to you or was he a nupty who could not string five words together?

Tony

its just air bubbles in the water and nothing to worry about its perfectly clean , sometimes made worse by an inline scale reducers,
Fill a glass and watch it clear its just like shaking a pop bottle

Just a quick one, we had a Vaillant Eco Tec 831 installed around 4 weeks ago its been used every day for the rads and also hot water.

The hot water coming from our taps is a milky colour and looks horrible - I first thought that this was the wearing in of the new components and that it would go away but it has not.

Since being installed the wife has had a bath everyday and combined with the rest of the hot water usage of the house the boiler must have processed around 3k litres of water.

What do you guys think.

She must smell nice :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the speedy replied Missus smells nice but keeps moaning about the milky water !!!! LOL.

The Corgi guy said it was the burning off of the manufacturing oils.

The reason I wondered was because in our old flat we have a Glowworm Flexicom 24CXI combi and the water was not milky there.

If it clears from the bottom up it is air bubbles.

If it clears from the top down it is solids of some kind.

The Corgi guy said it was the burning off of the manufacturing oils.

So he was a nuptie then!

I suppose he did not have a Flue Gas Analyser either?

Did he even bother to complete the Benchmark Certificate or notify the installation to CORGI who would have posted you a certificate?

Tony

I checked the milky hot water with a tester that comes with water filters. For example my water filter filters the cold water to 35 from over 200 particles. The milky water is reading 300 particles but I will see if it settles and try again. It does not look like air bubbles. I imagine it could be lime scale minerals that are separated by the electronic de-scaler. But even this I doubt as I thought they would be dissolved and hard to see.The only thing I like about my new combi is the temperature control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back