Minimum Distances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just planning a new kitchen in a very small kitchen, just a 2200 mm run of worksurface.

I plan to fit a 600 mm oven hob and extractor then 500 mm dishwasher then 500mm undermounted sink then 600mm fridge/freezer.

Is there any reason why this cant be so...? Is the electric and sink too close together...?

Will I be breking any building regulations...?

Any answers gladly received.

Sponsored Links
No issues assuming the electrics are done properly. All electrical work in a kitchen has to be notified to the local authority (if you are doing it yourself) or done by a registered spark - he will notify the work as part of what he does.

In both cases the electruical work will be done to comply with the relavent standards and legislation. There's lots of it too!

going by your description, i foree that the switch for the fridge/freezer will be over the sink.. or the socket for it will be behind the fridge/freezer, making it hard to turn off in an emergency..

you will have only 500mm of useable worksurface and since the recomendation is 300mm from the edge of any sink or hob then you can't have any sockets..

that's also not much room to get a microwave, toaster and kettle..

is there no way you can find any more space or re-arrange the layout?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back