Minor issue with bathroom basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've just changed the taps and waste plumbing in my bathroom. All gone well, but I've got a minor issue that's a bit annoying and I hope someone knows the solution!

Basically I've got a white bathroom suite, and while fitting the new taps (chrome finish) to the basin, due to general clumsiness and having to work at a bit of an awkward angle I scraped the basin a couple of times with the new hot tap. Where I scraped it, there are now some unsightly dark grey marks, and although the enamel doesn't seem to be damaged, so far I've had no success in getting rid of them.

This isn't exactly a huge issue but these marks are spoiling the look a bit, does anyone know what I might use to shift them?

Thanks

James.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! That looks just the job, I'll order one up and see if it works.

try mr sheen.
this stuff is highly under-rated, works on everything.

give it a go for nowt !

Sponsored Links
i'll have to ask the mrs if she polishs the basin, bath with furniture polish

ok-wink.gif

dont take the p##s, i use it all kinds of stains always work for me.
only offering my advice, you dont have to take it.

seco, thanks for the tip, that bath eraser worked really well. Required a lot of elbow grease and patience but it got the job done, and also removed a stubborn rust stain on the bath which I'd given up on ages ago!

I'll keep the Mr Sheen thing in mind for next time - I find furniture polish is excellent for shifting sticky-tape marks or glue from stubborn labels, but wouldn't have thought of it for getting tool scuffs off a basin.

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back