minor works cert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just carrying out my minor job today for NIC assessment. I've added an extra socket (spur). I've got 2 questions.

1. Where is says RCD on the cert. I've filled in the BS(EN) no. & the In bit. What do I put in the "type". There was nothing written on the RCD saying what type so I put in 63A. Is this correct ?

2. I did my IR test. P-E & N-E was >299Mohms. I got 0.98Mohms on P-N but when I connected P&N together & measured across to Earth I got >299Mohms. I thought everything was unplugged but the house owner wasnt there & I wanst sure if an outside light had been spurred off a socket or something silly like that. Is this ok to put 0.98Mohms in the box & put a note saying P-N joined & tested across to E gave a >299Mohm reading.

Sponsored Links
Is there something across L-N such as a neon?

The four types of RCD mentioned in GN1 are:
S = Selective,
A = AC with DC pulse,
B = DC
AC = AC

The one on the left having a type AC RCD, type C MCB characteristic and the one on the right having a type A RCD, type B MCB characteristic:
rcbo3ve0.jpg

Note the AC sinewave in the box on the left one just below where it says BSEN61009 (first time it's printed) and the sinewave with dc pulse in the box on the right hand one just below where it says BS4293.

I was told to enter either type g for general rcd or s for time delay rcd
hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Hi

For your IR test P+N sounds to me that you have a alarm or may heating control or something like that in circuit.I've been told to enter LIM in the P+N box
and then enter the details of why you have done this in the "Agreed limitation box".Would be nice if others agreed or disagreed with this.If its a new installation I would not do this,I would carry out all the test but on a existing installation I would recommend caution with a P+N test unless you know you can isolate all fixed equipment at least electronic stuff should isolated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back