MIRA 8 mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find the answer to this in the Wiki or on any threads, so here goes.

We have a MIRA 8 mixer shower, which was in the house when we moved in in 1984. It generally works well, needing an internal clean every year or so, but now needs a service kit and a knob kit. As an upgrade, I have obtained a thermostatic bar mixer and need to remove the old MIRA, and that's where I'm stumped. The exploded diagram available on various spares sites isn't really clear on the mounting arrangements.
Is it screwed onto a backplate, or does it have locating lugs which engage in slots and secure with a quarter turn?

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Turn the body a quarter turn anti clockwise to remove :rolleyes:

After you have disconnected the pipes. :eek:

Why not get a service kit, you won't get a better valve than the old Mira's

Many thanks, doitall,

I may do just that, as to install the bar mixer using the existing pipework means using wallplate elbows which seem quite expensive (in Chrome) for what they are.
Any idea if Mira service kits are available locally, as UKSpares in Warmley don't keep them in stock? Just have to order via t'Internet, I guess.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back