Mira shower mixers keep failing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. In 10 years, my mother has had 3 mixer valves on her shower. The first a Topliss, then 2 Mira thermostatic things. They are flush mounted ones behind a tiled wall and a PITA to replace because each time they've changed the design slightly.

The problem is that the valves keep getting stiffer and stiffer to operate. Dad came in today and said that when I was over with my tools to look at the kitchen tap, mum had complained she couldn't get the shower on. Crikey, I thought, the valve's only been in 3 years or so. The last Mira came with a spare set of gears, so I descaled the cartridge and replaced the shredded plastic gears which made it nice and smooth again.

Can anyone recommend a shower mixer that will last as long as the old Topliss, which wasn't thermostatic but has outlasted 2 Miras by years?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back