Mira 8 shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira 8 shower valve which occasionally when turned on, the water runs cold for sometime and occasionally cannot turn the shower off.

With the cold water problem, I turn the temperature valve to max. temp. and back till hot water runs and then can set the temperature required for a shower.

The other problem, the valve stops at halfway in closing not turning water off. To turn shower off, I turn the flow valve fully on and back a few times to shut off.

A Mira shower kit was fitted approx 12/18mths ago due to a leaking seal, but the internal brass set was not replaced as they looked ok for wear.

As there was only a small sachet of grease with the seal kit,

What grease would be the correct to apply to the internal brass valve set and would the replacement of the internal brass set help to rectify in what appears in sticking valves.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back