Mira 88 - Fit service kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira88 with a leak from the centre spindle. Based on experience with another property I went ahead and bought a service kit and new knobs.

Trouble is this one hasn't been apart like the last one which was only a couple of years old. This one I can't rotate the big nutted cover without wrenching the pipes in the wall.

I'd like to remove the valve from the wall and disassemble it on the bench.

How do I remove the valve? I've seen conflicting statements on the web? Do I remove the nuts going into the wall attaching to the pipes? Do I disassemble the elbows? Or do I do both?

Any help much appreciated!?

Sponsored Links
Hi there were 2 models of the 88 the old one has a large union nut on each side if its that model then its best to undo those then you can twist it round to remove from the centre fixing there are fibre washers on each one
The other model has square type unions and are fixed with alan keys
there are little white plasic plugs covering the grub screws but on this model you will need to undo the back nuts of the pipes to be able to remove the unions

best of luck mick

The other model has square type unions and are fixed with alan keys
there are little white plasic plugs covering the grub screws but on this model you will need to undo the back nuts of the pipes to be able to remove the unions

Its the one with the square type unions. I'll have a go tomorrow.

Thank you for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back