Mira Electric Shower Poor Pressure - Ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To start with apologies for any stupidity with this post it is my first!

Now...having recently moved into a new property the bathroom shower has poor pressure. It is a Mira Electric Advance ATL Flex 9KW

At the mains the pressure is good so either I presume the shower is just bad or there is a restrictor of some sort? I have taken photos of the unit, can anyone see one or suggest where I should look.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 434
Sponsored Links
It's just the way electric showers are mate. If you turn it all the way to cold you'll probably find that the flow will be quite good. When you want the water hot though the shower has to slow down the flow so that it can heat it enough. The hotter you want it the more it will restrict the flow.

Depends on your definition of "poor". Can you get a large measuring jug, and time how long the shower takes to fill it?

Hi Muggles,

I just measured it at the shower 4.5L/min, from the hot water tap it is 7L/min

Sponsored Links
I assume the high/low flow rate button is changing the flow rate when pressed? What is the water temperature like? We have had these do strange things before and commissioning the shower again, carefully following the installation instructions, sometimes helps.

Which is about right, if you want a better showering experience get ready to spend some dough.
Hi Muggles,

I just measured it at the shower 4.5L/min, from the hot water tap it is 7L/min

Is that 4.5 L/min while it's on hot, if so it's about right, a 24kw combi will only give you about 8.5 L/min of good hot water.
Your hot water tap is heated from a different source to your shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back