Mira shower event xs all black inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DYI heroes,

Our shower wouldn't stop pumping water this morning. Button got stuck. I switched off the mains and we've just opened the case to find that it's got an enormous amount of black soot inside (it covers all the different internal parts as well). We can fix the on and off mechanism inside by glueing one of the parts back on, but we're worried that all this black soot means something else is going on that's not very safe... Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20190527_185500.jpg
    IMG_20190527_185500.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_20190527_185451.jpg
    IMG_20190527_185451.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 777
Sponsored Links
you probably have a bad electrical connection inside that is overheating. Turn off the power supply and post some photos please, especially of the connection block.

Is it a power shower? - if so the carbon brushes in the motor may be worn and need replacing.

Please post pictures as requested above

Blup

As Blup says, it's carbon dust from the brushes. They're always black inside. Don't worry about it if it still works

Sponsored Links
It could be carbon brushes,but could also be from a bad connection (usually neutral) as stated, a photo may help better to understand.

Just spotted the pics.

What make and model is the shower?

Blup

If it's just the on off button and that can be fixed then you could give it a go as suggested above because the soot and the broken button don't seem to be connected issues.

But I am no expert.... and be very careful with electricity!

There is plenty online about these showers.

Blup

I have a Mira Event and it gets extremely used. The black is 100 percent the carbon and its messy as hell. The events are good and spares carried by the mira own engineers who you can book if you call Mira or have a Home serve insurance policy or similar covering your shower. I have had several motor replacements as they can also get noisy when worn. Great showers though as far as internal pump power showers go. You should also be able to order Mira spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back