mira showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, need help just replaced my shower to mira sport 10.8kw i've upgraded my wire to 10mm cable approx 9 metres, the old cable was 6mm and went to a separate cu from the main cu, the 2 cu are connected by 6mm cable .5 metre long. i don't know if this will be ok also i don't think it could be replaced by 10mm cable because of the thickness of the wire. will i need a new cu and what will be the approx cost. ta dave

Sponsored Links
What's the mcb/rcd of this circuit rated at? a pic would be handy

Your shower no runs on 10mm², but the CU it is fed off is in turn tapped off another CU in 6mm²?

What's the mcb/rcd of this circuit rated at? a pic would be handy
hi its only 30 amps in a 45 amp single cu which is to low for a 10.8 kw. i have a spare fuse in the main cu that used to run a cooker circuit that has now been removed but i dont know the rating of my cu there are no markings on it to say what rating it is i've took a picture of it but don't know hoe to post it. ta dave

Sponsored Links
since no one has mentioned it, and your profile doesn't say where you are...

PART P.... PART P.... PART P....

the work you are doing is notifiable to the LABC under part P of the building regulations..

you are changing fixed wiring in a bathroom, changing fixed wiring to a CU and are planning to change the protective devices for the circuit you are working on..

that said, it sounds like your current CU arrangement is old and would benefit greatly from an update.. the house wiring would be inspected at the same time and provision can be made for any future expansion that may be needed..

since no one has mentioned it, and your profile doesn't say where you are...

PART P.... PART P.... PART P....

the work you are doing is notifiable to the LABC under part P of the building regulations..

you are changing fixed wiring in a bathroom, changing fixed wiring to a CU and are planning to change the protective devices for the circuit you are working on..

that said, it sounds like your current CU arrangement is old and would benefit greatly from an update.. the house wiring would be inspected at the same time and provision can be made for any future expansion that may be needed..
my question in the first post was what was the approx cost to replace the cu so when i get a quote i was not getting ripped of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back