Mira Sport 9.8 Kw Unit Interal Leak - Pictures included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Firstly thank-you, I use this forum regularly for issues which others have already had to fix my own problems. Great help.

Unfortunately, I have come across a problem I can't find someone else who has had before.

I have a Mira Sport 9.8 Kw Electric Shower, the 1998-2005 model.

The power button stopped working, and while I was replacing the latching switch (which was jammed... with limescale...) I tested it with the unit open, and noticed a leak(!).

This is coming from above the latching switch, the images show this location better. It is also apparent the leak was happening for some time (rust) and it was probably the reason for my problem with the switch.

Problem is...

... I cannot actually see where water is coming out? The drip in the photo is the highest point of the leak, so it's here somewhere, but it's not obvious?

1. Anyone able to use their experience to say what part has let me down?

2. What to do to correct it?

Many Thanks
Frank T.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I can only suggest you run it again the get the leak going then shut down and check for the leak more closely.

Dry toilet paper is an excellent damp indicator. If you check around above the drip you may be able to identify the damp spot where the leak starts.

While you can identify parts for replacement with the Shower Doctor, only you can actually see where the leak is. The drip seems to have formed on part of the Flow valve assembly (part No 14) Why not ask the Shower Doctor for help.

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-post-1998-shower-spares

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back