Mira Sport Max - Replacing a TCO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our Mira Sport Max overheat light is permanently on.

After reading quite a few similar posts, they seemed to suggest it could be the TCO.

Ive got the part, but having took the shower cover off, cant for the life of me work out how to get at the screws that hold the TCO in place!

Does it come of independently, or will I have to remove the shower back plate etc?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Mike

Sponsored Links
Afraid not no - dont have a multimeter :oops:

It is guess work I suppose - I am making a pretty big assumption its the TCO.

The only other thing that seems to make sense would be the inlet filter, but the flow is fine...

the low flow would come on with a blocked filter.

when the overheat neon is on
which is only on the med or high setting is the flow cold or cycling hot/cold ?

Sponsored Links
No low flow light, but the shower is stone cold regardless of the setting.

Overheat light only remains on in Med/High setting

Cheers

if you can't check the tco for continuity and you have a tco then change it but you'll have to remove heat can.

Is that a fairly straight-forward job?

Ive got the Torx bits ready, but couldnt work out how Id get the TCO off. Any chance you could explain how id do this?

Sorry to be a pain....but my missus is 8 mths pregnant and havin no shower is drivin her nuts!

it's abit of mucking about if you haven't got a flexi driver to get in to the back screw.

isolate the water supply and drain excess from the black filter on the left. release the bottom out pipe screws.
release the inlet connector bracket to the flow valve.

you only need to get it foreward enough to get to the back screw.
make sure the surface is clean/dry before fitting new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back