Mira Sport Max Shower 10.8KW Low flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Any help or troubleshooting advice appreciated.

Miramax Sport Max Power shower 10.8KW.

Last few days has stopped working

Low pressure light on when press HIGH or MED, no flow

no low pressure light on on LOW but still no flow.

I have read about checking water pressure but not sure how I can do that?

i.e. Water supply pipework or inlet filter restricted by a blockage or partial blockage - Flush supply pipe. Clean Inlet Filter.

Shower is 5 yrs old, and I have removed cover, checked and prodded, PCB etc

Power is on and back lights ok.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
It likely to be a faulty element in the heating tank (there are two, three in most 10kw showers), you can check them with a multimeter.

You should have a reading of around 12>18 ohms.

If you have power to the elements and no heat it's probably the elements, no power to the elements then it's probably a microswitch.

Solenoid coils faulty.
Check the resistance with a multi meter, should be 3.4 kohms or above.
Test with power off.

Inlet filter would be my first port of call, it's held in by a black hexagonal plastic cap on the inlet. Turn the water supply off before you remove it or you'll get very wet.

Sponsored Links
Thanks muggles and Seco.

Ok, job done...and yes did check inlet filter was clean.

So ordered a new flow valve and solenoid from Mira...came next day. (£51)

Instructions a bit..iffy but managed to sort and change..took me 2hrs to get the main inlet feed into the unit and watertight (kept leaking)

word of advice..it's much easier if the PCB is pushed up and out of way!! do water inlet first, and then heater element feed...it's very fiddly. brute force does help a bit here.

Also..what's whats with the very small Hex keys...drove me mad...not a philips screw so had to go an buy a all in one Allan key to get what I needed.

Fingers crossed it stays fixed!

Thanks to all

Instructions a bit..iffy but managed to sort and change..took me 2hrs to get the main inlet feed into the unit and watertight (kept leaking)
word of advice..it's much easier if the PCB is pushed up and out of way!! do water inlet first, and then heater element feed...it's very fiddly. brute force does help a bit here.

Useally easier to just remove the unit for the sake of just undoing the mains cable and work on the unit on a table etc.

Also..what's whats with the very small Hex keys...drove me mad...not a philips screw so had to go an buy a all in one Allan key to get what I needed.

Torx T10 ;)

Yep...agreed..if I were a plumber and not a IT consultant I may have done that...lol....yes thats the one Torx T10

Sticking to IT...no water involved!! :)

Cheers

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back