mira sport price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Mira sport shower that is no longer heating so need to replace. Simple electric showers tend to cost from around £70 - £150 retail. Mira Sports are around £240 - £270 depending on spec... anyone know why they're quite a bit more and are they worth it?[/list][/wiki]

Sponsored Links
I've got a Mira sport shower that is no longer heating so need to replace. Simple electric showers tend to cost from around £70 - £150 retail. Mira Sports are around £240 - £270 depending on spec... anyone know why they're quite a bit more and are they worth it?[/list][/wiki]

More likely their quality & reliabilty, they have been around since the late 80's all that's changed is they have been updated over the yrs.
and still going strong.

ta for the reply. well the last one only lasted 5 years of moderate use (no idea what it cost originally) but I guess to judge a make by one poor unit would be stupid.

If it is no longer heating have you checked it to find if you can find the fault

For instance if you found that the thermal cut out has failed it would be very cheap to replace. The site below also has a questions and answers section for each shower to help identify what has failed.

http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira

Sponsored Links
well Ive got a multimeter but Im no electrician and wouldnt know where to start with fault finding. I thought it might just be the heater unit but as they're £90ish I thought may as well just bung a new one on. But yeah Id rather repair than replace, its very wasteful.

well the happy end to this story is at the moment B&Q have an extra 15% off all bathroom stuff if you spend over £200, so got a Mira Azora -the insides are a Sport Thermostatic with a fancy glass panel- for £230 which is less than a bog standard Mira Sport without thermostatic control. Result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back