Mira Sport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Mira Sport electric shower (the biggest model I think...the one that dims the lights when switched on).

We also have shared water pipes through next door.

When they turn their water on, our pressure drops, and if you are in the shower it turns bl**dy red hot in a second i.e. piping, too hot to stand in.

Is there any shower that can handle this drop in pressure safely, or are they all prone to this?

Sponsored Links
Rolyan said:
We have a Mira Sport electric shower (the biggest model I think...the one that dims the lights when switched on).
This is not caused directly by the shower - you have an electrical fault that's waiting to get bigger. The guys on the Electrics UK forum will advice you.

We also have shared water pipes through next door.
Hm. That's a problem waiting to happen.

When they turn their water on, our pressure drops, and if you are in the shower it turns bl**dy red hot in a second i.e. piping, too hot to stand in.

Is there any shower that can handle this drop in pressure safely, or are they all prone to this?
All instantaneous electric showers are prone to this, but you can spend enormous sums of money on an accumulator that will carry you over the short periods of pressure drop. Or you install a proper shower...

sort out the electrics m8 .. and add a large tank to the roof space on a stillage 28mm pipework and run to the shower it will work a treat. :))))

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back