Mira Zest cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day Ladies and Gents,

Mira Zest 8.5kw installed 2.5 years ago.

I have been having a problem over the last 2 days with my Mira Zest 8.5kw cutting out mid shower (very annoying! :evil: )
It is on High on the top switch and about an inch above cold on the Temperature gauge (about 10 O'clock position). Works for about 5 mins and then cuts out.
If you turn it off for about an hour it works again, so possibly something overheating(?)
Last night it worked for about 3 mins then cut out for 2-3 seconds, came back on boiling hot for 5 secs then cut out.

Any suggestions or has it gone to the big scrapheap in the sky?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Brian if your shower head is clean?? Then it's a faulty 'flow regulate assembly'.
Fully qualified time-served Spark & a Plumber needed.

Shower head is clean, as has only recently been replaced, so it must be the 'flow regulate assembly' you speak of.

Time to get on the phone to Mira then... I'll post back how I get on.

Thanks for your help!

Ignore him Brian (he's a bit old and thick). :LOL:

Your cold mains is coming in relatively warm at this time of year, so if you've got it switched to high on the top switch you can expect it to cut out on overheat.
Try it on a lower setting before you call anyone in.
If that don't cure it then you probably do need a new thermal switch, assuming the hose hasn't collapsed inside.

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
Now now!
Thats kinda what I was thinking originally, so I set it to med and low, but when i got it to the temperature that was usable, the flow rate dropped by about half.
But it is probably a major contributary factor. Curse this warm weather spell!!

Missus wants me to buy a new shower but I am reluctant to spend £110..

As a side note, Mira reckon that it could also be caused by a partially blocked filter on the inlet.
We do live in a hard water area, so may be all limed up. Lots of things to check when I get home!

Thanks for the help!

Ran the shower last night on Medium instead of High, with temperature gauge at about 12 o'clock (half way)

Ran for about the same amount of time, before cutting out again. Cut the power (at the fusebox) , took the front off. All wires looked intact.

Saw what must be the filter Mira were on about, but busy doing other jobs at the moment so didnt have time to cut the water and take shower fully apart so job for another night.

Might have a look on internet for replacement thermal switch anyway, as its worth trying it, to not have to do all the pipe disconnections (i assume that it is electrical only and doesnt require water disconnection)

Just keeping you up to date!

Ordered a new one.

Thanks to everyone for their time. Missus gonna pay for it, and i dont have to mess about swapping parts about, so win-win!

Incidently as i work for a Builders Merchant in Northants, if anyone wants any decent prices on any gear in this area send me a PM and I'll see what I can do!

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back